Official Blog of Phaze Books, Digital First Publisher of Romance!

Saturday, February 18, 2006

It's Coming...It's Dare

My local radio station seems to be a bit behind in the new music trends. I don't know the Pussycat Dolls from a hole in the ground, but I do know Gorillaz has had Demon Days out for a while. We're just now hearing Dare in heavy rotation.

I like it. I'd like to think the Dareville stories played a role in inspiring it, but as it's not likely I'll settle for listing Demon Days among my "Desert Island Discs." We've talked before of adding this meme to the blog - what albums would you take with you to a desert island, assuming you had an eternal supply of batteries. I'd take this one for the morning workout. In addition:

Rush - A Farewell to Kings
Rush - Fly By Night
Dead Presidents Soundtrack
Pulp Fiction Soundtrack
Frank Zappa - Apostrophe
Warren Zevon - Werewolves of London
Traffic - Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys
REM - Automatic for the People

Did I ever tell you I've been to Michael Stipe's house? Actually, it's not so much I've been to the house, as I've driven past it a couple of times.

Next!

No comments: