Official Blog of Phaze Books, Digital First Publisher of Romance!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Ten Things You Didn't Know About Selah March:

Thank you, Tula. I like your name, too. :)

1. Some of my ancestors were among the original Dutch settlers of New York -- the state and the city. We were land barons known as "Patroons." Which means, once upon a time, we were RICH! And fabulously WEALTHY!

Today? Not so much.


2. I can milk a cow. If I must.


3. I've been employed as the following: chambermaid, waitress, administrative assistant, typist, camp counselor, horse groomer/stall-cleaner, dishwasher, housekeeper, salesgirl, daycare worker, nanny, and teacher. That degree in English Literature has served me well, oh yes it has.


4. I am allergic to Percocet. Which sucks, because I understand it's lovely.


5. I lived in nine different houses before I was eighteen -- all within the same county.


6. I struggle to control my very quick and irrational temper every single day. I get this from my father. Thanks, Dad.


7. I do not fear my own death.


8. I suck at managing money, but I'm getting better as I age. This is also a family trait, and probably part of the reason we are no longer RICH! Or FABULOUSLY WEALTHY!


9. I'll be 40 this year, and I'm more okay with it than I thought I'd be.


10. I have trouble finishing what I start. Like this list, for instance. Had to force myself to do it. "No more coffee till you finish," I told Myself. And Myself made a rude gesture and refused to comply. I had to threaten something really dire. You don't even want to know.

No. Really. You don't.

PS - It's been most politely pointed out to me that I forgot to tag someone. My bad.

Uhhh...Eva! I tag Eva Gale!

8 comments:

Donald Francis said...

I'm quite sure I'm not alone in wanting to know what the final threat was...

Selah March said...

Curiosity killed the Watcher...

Reese said...

Selah you beauty, us unemployable English majors always develop the most fabulous life-skills.

See you!

Anna Fallon said...

nice list Selah, well done!

Douglas Hoffman said...

I know I've never visited your blog before, Selah. I would have remembered the gal with the typewriter.

I wish I would have majored in English. My life would have been different, that's for sure. Sometimes I fantasize about winning the lottery & going back to Berkeley as an undergrad with a major in English. I remember old guys with their comb-overs sitting in the front row of the lecture hall. Back then, I wondered who the hell they were. Now I'm them. Or I would be, if I won the lottery.

Alessia Brio said...

Dear, you need to tag someone. ;)

Selah March said...

Whoops!

Eva Gale said...

Heee.