Official Blog of Phaze Books, Digital First Publisher of Romance!

Monday, April 24, 2006

Get Charged With Sensual Energy

Sorry I'm late. It's been one heck of a morning!

Release Day was a blast! I spent most of the day letting all my friends and family know. Then I updated my website, www.jessieverino.com, and walked around with a silly grin on my face. Oh, and I simply refused to wash dishes.

Now, as Maureen McGovern so beautifully sang, "There's got to be a morning after." (Can't get the song out of my head since I saw the preview for the 3rd, that I know of, release of The Poseidon Adventure, or simply Poseidon, as they're touting it now. But I digress.

Sensual Energy is the story of a reluctant marathon runner, Jake, and a dedicated paramedic, Amy.

I'll let you in on all the juicy little secrets of the story. I grew up surrounded by electricians, literally. In fact, I'm married to a journeyman wireman, (one of those muscly construction guys). So, when the call came out for the Surge line, and they wanted stories with "actual amperage," I was ecstatic. Then my surge fizzled. The story I'd originally started went flat, and it was back to the drawing board.

To tell you the truth, there aren't that many juicy little secrets to tell. No big what if, just me lying in bed at 2:00 a.m. wondering how in the heck I could use electricity in an erotic story that wasn't the same old lightning strike that transported some hapless heroine to a different time period. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I enjoy those stories immensely, but I wanted something - different. I thought and thought about what in the world could produce enough electricity to cause a truly traumatic event without killing anyone. To that end, my twisted little mind came up with the premise for the story.

A defibrillator.

Not the most romantic of devices, but hey, it was 2:00 a.m.

And, I started off by killing my hero. Sort of. Mostly. Let's just say it's a good thing my heroine, a paramedic, was close by.

Sparks definitely fly as our hero and heroine become trapped in a time shift and charged with Sensual Energy.

Jessie

2 comments:

Eva Gale said...

Stopping by to say hello, and Congrats! on your release!

I love stories of how authors get their ideas. Great blogging.

Best!

Jessie Verino said...

Thanks, Eva! I absolutely loved 101 Degrees!