Official Blog of Phaze Books, Digital First Publisher of Romance!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Keep 'Em Coming Friends!

Will speaking here~

So far we have some contest entries, but certainly we want more. I am very pleased at the response we have gotten so far, and I can only hope that the review sites like our work half as much as some of you do.

I want to make it clear that we are accepting entries through next week. This was not a "First person with the correct answers" thing, but an "everybody who answers correctly gets a chance" thing. So, if you don't get the questions answered until later tonight or even later in the week, don't figure that you missed your chance.

I would like to give something to everyone that answers correctly, even if you don't win the drawing. But budget constraints are very real. Is there anyone out there with a suggestion for me? Should I write a flash piece that is exclusive for this? Something like that?

And no... I am not cutting up my jeans and sending out the pieces...anyone want to tell me how I would explain that one to the wife?

11 comments:

Sherri said...

You go to the thrift store, you buy some jeans, you wear them to play baseball, you cut 'em up and autograph the pieces...what's to explain?

Will Belegon said...

You underestimate the trepidation my wife would feel at knowing there is even some kind of demand for such a thing...although the addition of autographing them is a very cool idea...

Sherri said...

You could also have Imp buy some very red lipstick and kiss index cards with her autograph -- those are nice, too. Spray some art fixative on them to make sure they don't smear.

Sherri said...

Or hairspray -- it works almost as well, but it has to be something like Aquanet or White Rain -- something that's mostly glue ;)

Cricket said...

You were mobbed while going to the gas station by a crazed mob of... uh... McDonald's fry cooks and burger flippers, and the only way to save yourself was to strip your jeans off and throw them to the angry mob!

Or something.

Alessia Brio said...

Imp would rather use the very red lipstick on the jeans, actually.

Cricket said...

Doesn't that go without saying, Imp?

Sherri said...

Well, if we are talking about wifely trepedation, the lipstick on the denim might be a little...um...a little...er...

As a wife with a strong insecurity/jealousy streak (which is being worked on most assiduously, I assure you, as I don't approve of jealousy, and just can't stand the quality in myself) I'd say it's safer to kiss the notecards...

Alessia Brio said...

Heh. You're talking to the dude with a taste for danger.

Sherri said...

Well.....you could possibly auction off a kissed-on fly and back pockets...

(I typed that out loud, didn't I?)

Will Belegon said...

The taste for danger co-exists with some other tastes...and addictions.