Official Blog of Phaze Books, Digital First Publisher of Romance!

Monday, December 11, 2006

I love surveys...



...so I will play, too.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Eggnog with lots of tequilla, which I prefer over rum.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Santa wraps and she, I mean, he, is very intense about it, which means colored ribbons with bells, candy canes, etc.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

Colored throughout the entire house and on the tree -- it looks like a disco/good acid trip in here

4. When do you put your decorations up?

On Thanksgiving.

5. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

I know this is weird but our traditional Christmas Eve dinner is hand cut french fries and home made buffalo wings. This is the first year both kids are vegetarians so I guess we still have the fries and wings and they get some sort of buffalo tofu (yuk).

6. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:

I got a (fake) Barbie car and I taped my (fake) Barbie and (fake) Ken together naked in hopes they would make me a real Skipper...then I took them outside and sent them spinning down the street until I was busted by a furious, pious neighbor. My favorite memory about that was it caused my late mother to laugh really hard...something she didn't do a lot of.

7. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

Nope, though I've tried in secret but the paper started ripping and I was afraid I'd get caught but damn, the size and shape of the box was so intriguing!

8. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?

We have handmade and handcrafted ornaments from all over the world; instead of tinsel or fake garlands I drape the tree with colored mardi gras beads people have been giving me for years.

9. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

Love the way it looks; love to play in it; absolutely despise having to drive in it, walk somewhere serious in it, and am consumed with worry that the kids are driving in it.

10. What is your favorite holiday dessert?

This family makes an obscene variety of Christmas cookies - each batch containing a pound of butter, imported chocolate...bah...I gain ten pounds this month every year which takes me the next eleven months to lose.

11. When was the last time you went sledding?

Last year. I adore sledding. I already have my sled out and ready for our first snowfall, which, unfortunately in Philadelphia, is probably at least a month away.

12. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

The fact that my kids, ages 19 and 20, still live home and still get up at 7:00 a.m. on Christmas morning, they both put on the same bathrobes they've had for five years (and never wear any other time) and knock on our bedroom door all excited like little toddlers. And then we put on all of the Beatles' Christmas albums on the stereo (yep, 40 year old scratchy Beatle xmas albums sent to members of their fan club back in the sixties on old turntable) while we're unwrapping.

13. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?

Oh giving for sure. Plus, I am a spoiled brat who buys herself whatever she wants all during the year and my family knows this though this year I asked for a good laser printer I've been too cheap to buy myself.

14. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

Jethro Tull - A Christmas Song

15. Favorite Christmas movie?

Elf!

16. Favorite Christmas movie of childhood?

Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol.