Official Blog of Phaze Books, Digital First Publisher of Romance!

Monday, December 04, 2006

What ges you into the Christmas Spirit?


I love Christmas but I don't get into the Christmas Spirit properly until I've baked my first batch of Mince Pies. Now, for those of you who don't know what they are they're a popular Christmas sweet treat in the UK. They're little pies with a mixture of raisins/sultanas/currants, sweet sticky and often boozy syrup, a little citrus peel and suet. They taste lovely with a litle cream or custard and are sweet and filling.

Jenny in "Proving Santa Exists." Loves to bake and especially loves to bake these sweet Christmas treats.

"On the drive home, Jonathan asks me what we're going to do for the rest of the day. "Well, first of all we need to bake some mince pies, and then I need to put the icing on the Christmas cake."

"Mince pies?" Jonathan looks a little horrified. My explanation about dried fruit and suet in a pastry case doesn't seem to alleviate the terror at all.

"You'll love them." I reach my from the gear stick to his knee. "Trust me." Squeezing, then lingering, my fingers only leave the warmth of his jean-clad leg when use of the gear stick becomes imperative. Really, it wanted to slip higher and higher up his thigh..."



Jonathan loves Jenny's sweet treats and he adores her mince pies too!

Actually, do you know what goes well with a mince pie? A hot drink and just this eening I received news that I've been awarded 4 of them! Yes, "Proving Santa Exists" has ben reviewed by Coffee Time Romance! Check out the review HERE

1 comment:

Alessia Brio said...

Congratulations on the great review, Victoria! (And the mince meat pies sound like something I'd love -- if I could have them. Raisins are a favorite!)